How do I sign up?
1. New players, click on the Site Registration link above and create a log in for your account on DallasWinterLeague.com. If you have played in previous years, your log-in should still be available. Click “Site Login” above or click here to log in to DallasWinterLeague.com and skip to step 4.
2. After you finish the site registration you will be emailed your id and password. It may take five minutes or so for your account to be setup.
3. If you have newly registered for the site, return to the website and sign in. This should take you back to the registration page to finish registering for winter league. (Note: You should only have to perform steps 1-3 as a first time Dallas Winter League player. Afterwards, you should be able to use your log in and jump directly to step 4)
4. League Registration. Click on the League Registration page. Click the link for the current season. Complete that form and Submit and then Confirm.
5. Pay. You are welcome to use Paypal to pay by credit card, or mail your check directly to the Winter League Treasurer. The information will be displayed once you have confirmed your registration, or if you return to the registration page later.
6. Verify. Go to the Rosters page and verify that you are on the “Draft List” team for the appropriate division. This should be available immediately after you register. If you have paid and we have updated the database, it will be indicated next to your name. Feel free to heckle your friends who have not registered or not paid. (But give them a week on the payment issue. Payment status is updated semi-automatically every couple of days. Last update date will be displayed at the top of the page)
How do pairings work?
New for 2010-2011: You must make your pairing request from the Pairings page. It is now separate from the main registration.
A new pairing system was introduced for the 2009-2010 season. We are cutting down on the number of automatic pairings to help speed up and smooth out the drafting process. Each recreational player is allowed to be paired automatically with exactly one other Winter League player. Both players must agree to the pairing. Competitive players can only be paired together if there is a small child that would need watching on the sidelines. You are welcome to make pleas for more pairings in the comments section when you register, but these pairings are not guaranteed, and will be accommodated as best as we can at draft time. If you have 7 players you want to play with you, we suggest you email the poobah and let him or her know that you are planning to captain a team.
The pairing dropdown is populated with only the players currently registered in your division for this season of Winterleague. If you don’t see your pairing of choice in the list, you either need to wait until they register, or make sure you signed up in the same division. All pairing activites (request, accept, cancel) automatically generate an email to the other player. You can edit or monitor your pairing status at any time by visiting the Pairings page
What if I’m having trouble registering?
Some people have had trouble with the registration process… the biggest problem is not receiving the email with your temporary password. Please follow the steps on the Registration Troubleshooting Post if you are having trouble with the registration process.
How do I Pay?
1. Mail a check for the appropriate amount (which can be found on the league registration page after you have registered). Please include your site login name in the check memo; it will be much easier for us to update your paid status. Mail checks to:
Dallas Ultimate Association
PO Box 1215
Addison, tx 75001
2. Paypal: Login and go back to the registration page. If you have already registered, there will be a link to pay via paypal.
3. If all else fails, you can bring a check to the fields, but the first week is much smoother for everyone if there’s not a huge line of people trying to pay… so try to do one of the above will in advance of the first day of play.
500 or so of your closest friends. Players sign up as individuals, and teams are formed using a draft process. New players and couples with children may request to play on the same team
10 weeks of ultimate.
fun, friends, and delicious food provided after the games every week (food is weather permitting, the rest is up to you)
The drafts will be on: Nov. 30 (Rec) and Dec. 1 (Comp.)
The regular season will play on the following dates: 12/10 (Kick-off party on 12/9), 12/17, (Holiday break), 1/7, 1/14, 1/21 (Mid-season HH on 1/20), 1/28, 2/4, 2/11, (Mardi Gras break) and 2/25. The Tournament will be all day on March 3 (End of Season party on that night.
Games will start at noon and 2pm every Saturday. The tournament schedule will be announced later, but in the past games have started as early as 9am.
500 of your closest friends, tons of ultimate, great food… see above.
Oak Point/Prestonwood Polo Club